Pumpkin Season has Arrived!
Rich with pumpkin and cinnamon flavor, these bars are sure to delight anybody who waits for fall flavors to come around.
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese FrostingRecipe by Lynn Kandler
For the bars:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cups pumpkin baked or steamed and puréed
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon rounded
For the frosting:
- 16 oz. butter softened
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar more if needed
- 3 oz. evaporated milk more if needed
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- For the bars, preheat convection oven to 365 degrees Fahrenheit or regular oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Using a mixing stand or electric hand mixer, beat together vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, and pumpkin until combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients and continue mixing.
- Once ingredients have been fully mixed, spread batter evenly onto a large cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes in a convection oven or 20-30 minutes in a regular oven, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat together all ingredients until a thick, but spreadable frosting is formed. Add more powdered sugar for a thicker frosting or more evaporated milk to thin it out slightly.
- Spread a thick layer of frosting over cooled pumpkin bars.
- Cut square pieces, place in an airtight storage container, and store in the refrigerator for up to seven days or freeze up to one month.
What's Your Reaction?
Lynn is a former cake decorator and coffee shop manager from Northern Wisconsin. She is now retired and happily living in North Central Florida by family.Find her recipes in our magazines!