Thick, Creamy, and Packed with Protein
Fill your stomach with this warm and comforting breakfast. Perfect for cold fall days.
Spiced Almond Flour PorridgeRecipe by Lisa Anderson
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/8 cup oat flour
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseeds ground
- ½ Tbsp. chia seeds ground
- ½ tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. apple pie spice or to taste
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat or almond milk
- banana and pecans for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, mix together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in maple syrup, vanilla, and milk, until well combined.
- Heat pan on medium heat while continuously stirring ingredients. The porridge will thicken as it heats through. Continue stirring until desired consistency is reached, about 4 minutes.
- Serve warm and top with sliced banana and pecans.
- The called-for amount of apple pie spice adds a light flavor note. If you want a stronger taste, add more as desired.
- If the porridge gets too thick, just add in a little more milk.
- Other topping options: plant-based butter, chopped baked apple, blueberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or plant-based cream.
What's Your Reaction?
Lisa is the creator, editor in chief, and creative director of The Chews Letter magazine. Lisa's work has been featured in Designer Original, In Fitness and In Health, and several community magazines. Find her on Instagram: @lisaandersonmedia | Clubhouse: @landersonmedia Follow The Chews Letter: @thechewsletter.com