Celebrate National Cheesecake Day this July 30th!
Vegans rejoice because this year you can celebrate National Cheesecake Day with your non-vegan friends. This recipe from Florida Crystals® is made with a pistachio and date crust and calls for vegan cream cheese.
Will you share these delightful mini cheesecakes with your friends, or will you keep them all to yourself?
Vegan Raspberry Mini Cheesecake with Pistachio CrustRecipe by Florida Crystals®
- Standard 12 count muffin pan
- parchment paper
For the crust:
- 1 cup Shelled pistachios lightly salted
- 15 Whole dates pitted
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil to grease the pan
For the raspberry cheesecake filling:
- 3 cups about 2 pints Fresh raspberries
- 2 8-ounce Packages plain vegan cream cheese
- ½ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 12 Fresh raspberries for garnish
- In a food processor, combine dates and pistachios. Blend the ingredients until a paste forms. Set aside.
- In a blender, purée raspberries until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Discard seeds. Return raspberry purée to the blender.
- Add cream cheese, raw cane sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Blend on high until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Cheesecake Assembly
- Grease 12 muffin pan openings with coconut oil. Cut 12 (1×5-inch) strips of
- parchment paper. Lay one strip across each opening, allowing it to overhang.
- Spoon 1-tablespoon of crust mixture into each opening and press down firmly.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the cups with raspberry filling. Freeze cheesecakes for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove pan from freezer 5 minutes before serving. Lift each cheesecake out of the pan by holding the ends of the parchment paper strips.
- Discard paper and place cheesecakes onto a plate. Garnish each cheesecake with one fresh raspberry and mint leaves.
What's Your Reaction?
The Chews Letter was created with a passion for delicious food that nourishes the body, builds community, and supports sustainability, all while bringing everyone to their table despite different tastes and dietary needs.